Friday, April 13, 2012

Tucson Artists' Open Studios: Artist Melinda Paints

Windy Point (8" x 8," oil on artists' board) © 2012 Melinda S. Esparza 

The Tucson Artists' Open Studios Tour will be going on from 11 AM 'til 5 PM, Saturday and Sunday.

In my mind, I'm already there...and painting....live....on Ustream. My hope is to get things set up for painting by 1 PM on Saturday, MST (Mountain Standard Time). If things go well, and I'm not too tired on Sunday, I'll try to paint again at the same time.

More paintings to see:

New Mexico Hill and Junipers (8" x 8," oil on artists' board) © 2012 Melinda S. Esparza

Flying Cloud (8" x 8," oil on artists' board) © 2012 Melinda S. Esparza

She Wore New Earrings (8" x 8," oil on artists' board) © 2012 Melinda S. Esparza

The Tucson Artists' Open Studios event is a big deal here in the Old Pueblo. I'm looking forward to all who stop by!

I know that my fellow artist bloggers will be here in spirit, right?! I'll be thinking of you, too.

12 comments:

Bridget Hunter said...

yes - definitely there in spirit. Can we view it on ustream ?

Melinda said...

Hello Bridget,
How I wish you could be here. I think you'd like the region.

Yes, I really hope you can view it. If you click the link tomorrow, I believe you'll be able to see my studio. I'll have to check it in the morning, and will update as necessary.

I'll be smiling in your direction!

Donald Diddams said...

Windy Point... now there's another one that just knocks me out.
I'll be there in spirit. Have a great weekend!

Barbara Muir said...

Hi Melinda,

I love these paintings, and I sure am thinking of you. I've been sending you happy thoughts all day. I know you are going to have just an amazingly wonderful time.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox to the nth degree from Toronto
Barbara

Melinda said...

Hi Donald,

Ha! Thank you so much. I wish you could stop in too.

Virtual hugs.

Melinda said...

Hello Barbara,
How I wish you could be here. I feel your good energy and really appreciate it.

Someday...

Virtual hugs.

Jeane Myers said...

definitely in spirit!!!! Eat up every minute of the weekend - Upstream? wow! will definitely check that out! xoxo

Melinda said...

Hello Jeane!
I am full of gratitude for your coming by during my live event.

Thank you so much. It's been a lot of fun, and I've had a lesson in presentation, fer sure.

Wish you were here! But, I'm hoping that you are having a great weekend with the wax.

Virtual hugs.

cohen labelle said...

Hi Melinda! I managed to catch the tail end of you painting in your studio this afternoon on Ustream. Wow!!!!! You are one terrific painter!
Hope you are back tomorrow.
Love your work!!!!!
Marcia

Melinda said...

Hello Marcia!
Oh, I am so happy you came by yesterday and today. I'm sorry that I didn't address you directly. I couldn't read comments some of the time, but heard that you were online yesterday.

Yay! Thank you so much. Wish you were here in person. Sigh. Maybe someday.

Virtual hugs from here.

cohen labelle said...

t was lovely to watch you paint Melinda - gorgeous work!!!! - I caught a good 30 minutes of you in action wielding a palette knife - you make it look effortless - I would have greeted you but didn't manage to sign in. Nevertheless I thoroughly enjoyed your presentation, you are brilliantly clear and a delight to watch. Oh yes, full marks to your handsome assistant!

xo, Marcia

Melinda said...

XO, Marcia! Thank you for your wonderful comment. My ego is soaring. :-)

I'm glad you liked the presentation. I'm hoping to improve more in the future. Must remember not to get too distracted by all the excitement.

That Mr. Artyfice was a wonderful assistant, indeed. A great job!

Warm hugs!