Friday, April 6, 2012

Tucson Artists' Open Studios Tour Apr 14 & 15 2012: Melinda Makes Ready!

Sky Fell, Sun Followed 8" x 8" Oil on artists' board © 2012 Melinda S. Esparza

The big run-up to next week's Tucson Artists' Open Studios tour is ON. I'm getting excited to see all of the kindhearted, funny, extremely intelligent people who'll be stopping by. I'm going to be giving a painting demo one or both of the days, in preparation for my Grand Canyon Artist-in-Residency. Whoo-hoo!

There's something else, too. If you would like to, please go to Melinda Esparza Artists Wanted and click 'Collect Me.' If there are enough people who do, I might just get some of my art flashing in Times Square. Wouldn't that be fun?

Here are some of the paintings you'll see at my studio during the Tucson Artists' Open Studios tour next week:

Abiquiu Ancestors 30" x 30," oil on canvas © 2012 Melinda S. Esparza

Ghost Ranch Cliff #1 8" x 8," oil on artists' board © 2012 Melinda S. Esparza

Ghost Ranch Mesa 30" x 30," oil on canvas © 2012 Melinda S. Esparza

Sabino Canyon Snowy Day (9" x 12," oil on artists' board) © 2012 Melinda S. Esparza

Blue Pedernal 10" x 10," oil on artists' board © 2012 Melinda S. Esparza

Rain Dance Shamans (16" x 20," oil on artists' board) © 2012 Melinda S. Esparza

Monks' Quarters Tumacacori 12" x 12," oil on artists' board © 2012 Melinda S. Esparza

Rincon Peak Winter Snow (18" x 18," oil on cradled board) © 2012 Melinda S. Esparza

The weather is fantastic here. Perfect for wandering around Tucson and visiting artists' studios.

I'll be looking for you!

13 comments:

Donald Diddams said...

What a fabulous group of paintings, Melinda! I am really taken with the "Monk's Quarters." I don't remember you posting that before, but I did see it on the Artists Wanted page.
Tuscon's open studio tours sound like such fun. I trust the Grand Canyon dress rehearsal will go great, and at least a few of these beautiful paintings will find loving homes! Sure wish I could be there.

Melinda said...

Thank you so much, Don! I wish you could be here too. We do have a bit of a two day party with really nice people showing up. It may be a little nerve wracking to paint on the spot, but it builds character...I hope.

I'm glad you like this grouping of paintings. It has been awhile since I worked on Tumacacori, but I do love it.

Maybe you can make it to the Southwest another year, eh?

Virtual hugs to you and yours.

Bridget Hunter said...

Hi! I agree - a wonderfully dynamic group of paintings and also love "Monk's Quarters" and "Sky Fell". How do think of such exciting titles too ?
Wish I could also see these in reality. Good luck with all your endeavors.

Anonymous said...

Hi Melinda, I'm taking this opportunity to tell you first of all that your blog is one I always enjoy checking in on. I love your work and would give my eye-teeth to see you paint. Now that I know that you will be giving a live demo is there any chance that it will be on a video and if so on your blog or utube? Thanks, Sherrill Pearson, Montreal PS Mad about the southwestern US.

Jeane Myers said...

wow! what a wonderful line up of paintings for the studio tour - I have to say, that sun falling out of the sky in the first one is delicious!! and the Monks Quarters is a fabulous piece of work!! wouldn't I love to stop by and enjoy this wonderful event - maybe some year!! xo

Melinda said...

Hello Bridget!
Thank you so much for your generous comment. I'm delighted that you like these paintings.

As far as the titles are concerned, sometimes they just come to me as I look at them. Sometimes I must look at them for many days after they are done, and there are times when I even rename them later. But, I almost never have a title before I paint.

Wish you could be here!

Melinda said...

Hi Sherrill,

Thank you! I'm so glad you visit and enjoy the work.

I'm gonna try and work out a way to Ustream it on Saturday and/or Sunday. I'll update this post or make a new one with the time (Mountain Time) and the link, when I'll set up and paint. I've got to have some techno help on this, so we'll see how it goes. I'll set the time and link by Friday evening.

Maybe someday you'll be able to come here in person! I'd love to meet you.

More soon!

Melinda said...

Thank you, Jeane!
It was such a pleasure meeting you when you were here. How I wish you could come for the open studio tour. Wouldn't it be fun to smear some paint?!

Someday....There is always this fall, you know.

Virtual hugs.

Barbara Muir said...

The paintings are soooo wonderful and inspiring. They make me yearn for Tucson. I know I won't be alone in that,and one of these years, I'll be down there with the other patrons wowing my way through the show.

You are extraordinary.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxBarbara

Melinda said...

Thank you, dear Barbara. I wish you could be here too. We would laugh and be a bit of the crazy artists, and no one would mind.

I've been thinking of you and wishing you all the time you dream of to be in your studio, creating what you most love.

Virtual hugs to you and yours.
xo

Jeffrey J. Boron said...

I love Windy Point!!!!!!!!!

Jeffrey

Melinda said...

Thank you, Jeffry! I'm kinda partial to it myself...
:-)

Melinda said...

So sorry, Jeffrey, for the misspelling of your name. Keyboarding too fast!